outlook notifies the rules don't match on server and client. RRS feed

• Question

• no matter which you select to keep, the next time you launch outlook client, it happens again.

existing rules don't work anymore. how to fix this, without re-creating rules again.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi exuser123,

What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Does the issue you mentioned above mean like below?

If so, according to my research, it seems to be similar to a known issue recently. The official document says that the fix is already at Beta Channel and will go to Current Channel in late June 2020. Please upgrade your Outlook to the latest version and see if the issue has any difference.

Besides, as a workaround, I'm afraid that we could only delete your client rules in Outlook desktop and then create and edit rules only in OWA (Outlook Web App) until the fix is available. Sorry for the inconvenience to you.

For more information, please refer to the instructions in the official documentation:
    The rules on this computer do not match the rules on Microsoft Exchange

If this is not your case, please provide me with more information related to your issue for further research.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi exuser123,

What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Does the issue you mentioned above mean like below?

If so, according to my research, it seems to be similar to a known issue recently. The official document says that the fix is already at Beta Channel and will go to Current Channel in late June 2020. Please upgrade your Outlook to the latest version and see if the issue has any difference.

Besides, as a workaround, I'm afraid that we could only delete your client rules in Outlook desktop and then create and edit rules only in OWA (Outlook Web App) until the fix is available. Sorry for the inconvenience to you.

For more information, please refer to the instructions in the official documentation:
    The rules on this computer do not match the rules on Microsoft Exchange

If this is not your case, please provide me with more information related to your issue for further research.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:49 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:05 AM