Random Text appears when downloading FLV video formats from SharePoint Sites. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my user have uploaded flv video files in sharepoint site. When we try to download the video files we get some random text messages in browser. We have blobcache enabled for the site. Also checked in IIS MIME settings and we do have flv format added. But still we were not able to download. Other video file formats are downloadable.

Is there any settings to be modified in sharepoint or IIS level? 

Rajini Hasan
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I want to know how to modify the MIME setting. Here is a step of configuring MIME type mapping, please have a try:
    Go to Start-> Control Panel->  Administrative Tools-> Internet Information Services (IIS) manager-> right-click the properties of your site-> select MIME types-> click new-> enter “.flv” in the “Extension” box, enter “flv-application/octet-stream” in the “MIME type” box->click OK.
    After doing that, you need to make sure whether flv video is able to download.

Best regards
    David Hu

Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:11 AM
  • Hi David,

I have done the same MIME settings. I believe this settings is to stream the flv format videos in the browser. And one thing i noticed, the  problem occurs only if BLOBCACHE is enabled. Without BLOBCACHE i am able to download.

I dont want to either turn off the blobcahce or to remove the flv format from blobcache. Is there any way to overcome this ?

Rajini Hasan
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:53 AM