locked
Critical Error reported in ExBPA with OAB and "Read" permission RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    When I execute ExBPA health check I get two critical errors:

    "Domain Admins" does not have "Read" permision and "Enterprise Admins" does not have "Read" permision.

    It says which folder must have permissions but when I check these permissions, they're ok.

    I'ver read the following article

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd535384(EXCHG.80).aspx

    but it hasn't helped me solving the problem.

    Anyone know how can I fix it?

    Thanks in advance.

    Cheers.

    Arantza

    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:05 PM

Answers

  • Did you install Exchange with the English language or a different language?  I have heard that people who had Exchange installed in a different language had issues with this as the ExBPA was looking for an exact match of a group name and could not find it.

    In fact, see the note at the bottom of the link you put in your post about this.


    JAUCG
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Yes, the issue is that it is looking for a name in English and when it's not found it gives this error.   I don't know if there is a fix for it, but the non-english DCs cause this to come up in the ExBPA.


    JAUCG
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:58 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

  • Did you install Exchange with the English language or a different language?  I have heard that people who had Exchange installed in a different language had issues with this as the ExBPA was looking for an exact match of a group name and could not find it.

    In fact, see the note at the bottom of the link you put in your post about this.


    JAUCG
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Hi
       Does oab work well ?
       Are your DC in English?
       It is known issue when DC's are not in English.


    Terence Yu

    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, February 6, 2012 12:56 AM
  • Hello

    The oab seems to work well.

    My exchange and the Operating System is in english but not my DCs. They're in spanish.

    Is that the problem?

    Thanks

    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:19 AM
  • But the error is not with Authenticated Users. It's with domain admins and enterprise admins...

    I don't know if it's the same.

    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Yes, the issue is that it is looking for a name in English and when it's not found it gives this error.   I don't know if there is a fix for it, but the non-english DCs cause this to come up in the ExBPA.


    JAUCG
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:58 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 2:26 PM
  • Hi
       I think it is just exbpa bug. If it doesn't affect oab, you can ignore it.
       It will be fixed in future.

    Terence Yu

    TechNet Community Support

    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:05 AM