Sequencing for preinstall application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have preinstall VSS 2010 Beta with SQL 2008 Express on one machine, I would like to sequence this. Is there any third party tool or Microsoft tool which help me with this? I can reinstall application but it took 3 hours to install on my current machine as it has very low configuration and also when I tried Sequencer CPU and memory utilization was too high and that has stuck machine.

I also have couple of pre install application which I want to sequence so that I don't have to reinstall everything. Any workaround for this would be great help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Gaurav Maniar
    http://www.TheSSLStore.com
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can try to sequence this with App-v 4.6 RC, however it might pose a limitation that a sequence can only be 4gb in size.

In order to avoid the "stuck machine" I think you simply have to add more performance, such as increasing RAM size.

Microsoft best practice is that a natively installed application should not be sequenced, however it depends on the actual application if this can be done or not.

/Znack
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 10:24 AM
  • Microsoft best practice is that a natively installed application should not be sequenced, however it depends on the actual application if this can be done or not.
    Just to clarify, I think this refers to best practise of "not running the same application in virtual and natively installed form on the same machine", right? Every application in natively installed if it's not sequenced ;-)

/Kalle
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:39 AM