Outlook 2007 Archived Emails unreachable RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been reading several threads with similar themes but nothing concerning my specific problem.

A user with Outlook 2007, on a Windows 7 Pro machine, in an Exchange Server 2003 network attempted to setup a seperate archive folder from his APPDATA archive file.

In doing so he created an archive1.pst file (same name as the appdata file) at 1.4gb with all of his emails up until today. He then attempted to import the data file using File > Import Export > From another program or file > .pst > archive1.pst from his separately partitioned user drive, and recieved the message that the file was in use in the current profile.

Upon expanding the Archive Folders Mail Item only the Deleted Items and Search Folders fields are available.

In Data File Management it shows 3 files, Archive Folders > archive1.pst in appdata, Archive Folders > archive1.pst in U:, Mailbox - user > outlook.ost in appdata

Should I proceed in one of the following ways:

1. do nothing - the file is 1.4 gigabytes and it could just be that it's taking time to complete whatever information is "loading"

2. attempt to merge the archive1.pst files (though his other archive is suspiciously empty as well, displaying only Deleted and Sent Items in addition to Search Folders)

3. some other method I do not know about

• Changed type Andy.D Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:34 AM solved question
    Friday, July 13, 2012 5:45 PM

All replies

• Able to be resolved by dragging the archive1.pst in U: into the Mailbox, though it created a subfolder called "Inbox" and inside were all of his emails, which he's moving back up into the actual inbox
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:34 AM