none
The MOM Server failed to install agent on remote computer servername (MOM 2005 agent on Windows 2008 server)

Question

• I am trying to install MOM 2005 agent using MOM 2005 Administrator on Windows 2008 server (the Firewall it's disabled using Run As CMD command).  There is no Firewall since they're on the same subnet.  The momaction account is a member of local administrator server.  The agent keeps failing due to the following error message.  I tried to look at the log file but it's too long and don't understand it.  I appreciate any help,  Thanks, Ziba

The MOM Server failed to install agent on remote computer servername....(dns suffix) 

Error Code: -2147023293

Error Description: Fatal error during installation.

Microsoft Installer Error Description: Product: Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Agent -- Internal Error 25361. -2147024891, Access is denied.

For more information, see Windows Installer log file "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Operations Manager 2005\AgentLogs\SevernameAgentInstall.LOG" on the Management Server.

Would anyone knows anything about this problem?

Friday, August 28, 2009 6:46 PM

Answers

• We never found out the problem about that one server.  I was able to install agent on all other servers by removing dns entry after servers were discovered by MOM server for installing agent.
    • Marked as answer by ZibaK Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:55 PM

All replies

• Could someone help me with this?
    Monday, August 31, 2009 11:32 AM
  • The account you are running, is it local admin on the target machine? Have you verifed that the local firewall of the 2008 machine is disable? Can you install the agent local on the machine, manually direct on the machine?
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Monday, August 31, 2009 11:50 AM
  • Hi Anders, the firewall is disabled on 2008 server using the netsh command (netsh advfirewall set profiles state off).  The Momaction account is a member of local admin.  I am able to install the agent locally.  The problem is that there are many servers and I want to use the MOM discovery and push the agent.  I talked to the security and there are no firewall involved since all of the components are on the same subnet.  Would you help me with this issue?  Thanks, Ziba
    Monday, August 31, 2009 1:00 PM
  • We never found out the problem about that one server.  I was able to install agent on all other servers by removing dns entry after servers were discovered by MOM server for installing agent.
    • Marked as answer by ZibaK Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:55 PM