I am unable to sign in to Lync 2013 on External network. "Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable." RRS feed

• Question

• i just completed all the steps of lync edge server 2013 deployment, but when i try to sign in Lync 2013 on External network attendant i receive the error "Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable". only sign in lync on internal network.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you failed to login Lync client automatically external, you can try to login with manual configuration. If manual configuration successfully, it may the issue of DNS.

As you just deployed Edge server, you can first test your Lync Edge server with the following sides:

1. DNS
    2. Ports
    3. Certificates

Here is a link of “Useful Tips for Testing Your Lync Server 2010 Edge Server”, it is for Lync Server 2010 but similar for Lync Server 2013:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2011/12/07/useful-tips-for-testing-your-lync-edge-server.aspx

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, September 1, 2014 5:15 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you failed to login Lync client automatically external, you can try to login with manual configuration. If manual configuration successfully, it may the issue of DNS.

As you just deployed Edge server, you can first test your Lync Edge server with the following sides:

1. DNS
    2. Ports
    3. Certificates

Here is a link of “Useful Tips for Testing Your Lync Server 2010 Edge Server”, it is for Lync Server 2010 but similar for Lync Server 2013:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/archive/2011/12/07/useful-tips-for-testing-your-lync-edge-server.aspx

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, September 1, 2014 5:15 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:07 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:35 PM