none
Configure Host and run analysis engine RRS feed

• Question

• im trying to use MAP toolkit every time i finish the inventory and assessment wizard and the status is changed to complete and then i run the performance metriks wizard and its also complete but when i tried to run the server cosolidation wizard its prompt me to run the performance metriks again and i did run it again but still not completing the status keep appears as incomplete, any advice ?

there is 19 server in the text is 1 hour not enough to monitor them ?

Best Regards

Ouday

• Moved by Kevin Remde Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:58 AM (From:IT Management Planning and Technology)
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:25 PM

Answers

• thanks kdan you are right i left it monitoring the servers for a longer time and then its work now and i can generate the reports

Best Regards

Ouday

• Marked as answer by Skoodoo Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:16 PM

All replies

• If MAP was able to successfully collect performance data, the tool should allow you to run the server consolidation scenario. One hour of performance data should be enough to use the tool, but it may not be adequate to capture the actual performance of the servers.

You can check a couple of things...

Check whether you are able to generate performance data report or not? After you generate the report, check whether MAP was able to collect perf data from the servers or not.

In case you cancelled perf collection during the previous runs, post processing step may not have executed, which can cause this issue. If that is the case, you can workaround by  changing one or more assessment properties used for Windows Server assessment, run the Windows Server Assessment and then try running Server Consolidation scenario.

-Kingsley

Monday, June 21, 2010 11:25 PM
  • thanks kdan you are right i left it monitoring the servers for a longer time and then its work now and i can generate the reports

Best Regards

Ouday

• Marked as answer by Skoodoo Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:16 PM
  • Hi Kdan,

I have a list of servers that has been inventoried, and perfomance metrics has been collected on some of them, but the Server consolidation wizard won't start unless all metrics has been collected from all servers.

Note: The tool ran for over 24 hours, I guess some the servers were shutdown during the perfomance scan, so it couldn't collect metrics from such.

However, I would like to be able to run the consolidation wizard on only those systems that have a completed metrics collected.

Is there a way to go around this with the MAP 5.0 tool?

Friday, October 15, 2010 11:16 AM