Hotmail in Microsoft Outlook 10 issue RRS feed

• Question

• I had been using Microsoft Outlook 10 for one of my email addresses, and I added hotmail to it.    Hotmail was accept by my Windows 10 laptop, but not my Windows 7 Desktop (my main computer)  I mean it WAS accepted but not any longer.   Its something to do with outlook and the incoming and outgoing mail servers.     Can anyone tell me what mail servers and whether I should be using mapi or pop to put hotmail back on MO10.   I can't believe it works on one computer (the laptop) and not the other.

I tried to add hotmail to it again today and MO10 keeps asking and asking for password, I can get hotmail on it, but the folders won't open

Friday, July 7, 2017 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hi joodyanne,

What's the detailed version of Outlook 2010?
    Was there any error message when setting up the account?

Microsoft currently supports only Outlook 2010 versions 14.0.7143.5000 and later. If you are using unsupported version of Outlook 2010, we need to manually configure server settings or additional server types and won't be able to get to your calendar, contacts, or tasks. 

For detailed instructions about how to add an Outlook.com account (formerly Hotmail) to Outlook 2010, please refer to the steps in the following article (Select Outlook 2010):

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-your-Outlook-com-account-in-Outlook-for-Windows-642C1902-BDD9-4DC3-ABE7-76D60B148B23#ID0EAACAAA=2010,_2007 

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:31 AM
  • Where will I find this thread, can you send me the site you moved it to please?

Judy

Friday, July 21, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi Judy,

You can directly replied here :) 

By the way, have you checked if the above reply is helpful? Any update will be appreciated.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 21, 2017 7:47 AM
  • There is a way to download hotmail to a .pst file on your computer but i ve never done it. You have to use rather than IMAP and you don't want the Hotmail Connector.

Scroll more than 1/2 way down the page here past the info on using hotmail connector, and see where it starts the alternative which is Setup Hotmail with access This has to download to the .pst file, and it would be interesting to see if Outlook would download the ones that are that old. Theoretically it should download anything visit at : http://www.osttopstapp.com/hotmail-backup.html

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:13 AM
  • There are multiple solutions available for Hotmail backup. You can google this solution. Last time I used the solution for the same issue and got an entire backup with Hotmail Backup Tool. I will recommend you to download this Hotmail backup tool.

Software from here Hotmail backup. http://www.toolsbaer.com/hotmail-backup/

Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:55 AM
  • You can use some automated tool to convert Hotmail data file to PST format for Microsoft Outlook. This is the easiest way to access complete Hotmail data using Microsoft Outlook.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:00 AM