Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Vista Home Premium as an upgrade to XP.I think it has something to do with one of my printers I have both a hp 1012 laserjet and a all-in-one 4200.There is a director for the 4200 to fax copy or scan. The director works but seems to have some issues.In checking with the MFG. they said drivers in vista should be enough to make. it work .which it does.

This is the alert window that I get every few seconds, or minutes:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
    Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\HP\hpcoretech\comp\hptskmgr.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Saturday, February 3, 2007 11:13 PM

Answers

• You need to unistall the Driver form computer and reinstall the vista driver ( the dirver model has changed).

Check to see if there is a new driver on the HP site and if so then remove old driver

Monday, February 5, 2007 12:17 PM

All replies

• You need to unistall the Driver form computer and reinstall the vista driver ( the dirver model has changed).

Check to see if there is a new driver on the HP site and if so then remove old driver

Monday, February 5, 2007 12:17 PM
  • Did the suggested solution resolve your problem?  I've experienced exactly the same thing (the same runtime error) and got no assistance at all from HP when I emailed them and was subsequently referred to an 800 help number that wanted to charge me for a fix.  The problem seems very specifically related to the hptskmgr.exe program and I don't quite understand how uninstalling the driver "form" [sic] you computer would resolve it.  I'm always a little hesitant about driver changing.  If you've found a working solution I'd appreciate detailed instructions that worked for you as the cryptic reply you got originally didn't do it for me.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 9:59 PM
  • Same problem, different peripheral equipment. Cannot find and entry for this program anywhere. Running an HP machine.
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:14 AM
  •  JAYTF Security Forum Moderator wrote:

You need to unistall the Driver form computer and reinstall the vista driver ( the dirver model has changed).

Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:15 AM
  •  clearintensity wrote:
    Same problem, different peripheral equipment. Cannot find and entry for this program anywhere. Running an HP machine.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:19 AM
  •  Tony Leo wrote:

I have just installed Vista Home Premium as an upgrade to XP.I think it has something to do with one of my printers I have both a hp 1012 laserjet and a all-in-one 4200.There is a director for the 4200 to fax copy or scan. The director works but seems to have some issues.In checking with the MFG. they said drivers in vista should be enough to make. it work .which it does.

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Hi Tony,

As the document is for windows XP, 98 and other version, however, you can try the steps from the web page. Here is the web link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=bps05761&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

From the above web page, please perform the steps of Microsoft also.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:38 PM
  •  

Saturday, December 1, 2007 10:47 PM
  •  

Hi,

I'm working on the software QGIS which is a GIS (Geographic Information system). I have to create a data base, my friends managed to do it without any problem and I didn't. We are on Windows Vista. Just at the moment of creating the file, a message from ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library’ says ‘This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information’ 

Obviously the problem doesn't come from the software QSGIS since I even tried with theirs. I have dowloaded Microsoft Visual 2008 but it still doesn't work! I don't understand and it's driving me crazy! Could you help me please?

Thanks,

Quentin

• Proposed as answer by Bill Schafer Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:24 AM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 10:31 PM
  • I can't find an answer for this anywhere and am running windows xp sp3 and everytime I try an install a program which was installed before here is what I get:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...l Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I can't find a fix anywhere can someone please help this old sailor out.
    Thanks,

Monday, February 2, 2009 7:02 AM
  • Boy I'm having the exact same problem. Everything on my computer was running fine including PSPP X2 and all of a sudden I can't open it with the same error
    If you find any kind of a fix would you please let me know sjkline@chartermi.net
    Heres What I have tried
    Disabling all programs but PSPP X2
    3 System Restore's
    Downloading the most recent Microsoft RunTime Library
    3 Deep System Scans
    3 reinstalls 
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS 
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 12:49 PM
  • Hi.  I am having the SAME problem!  Please help...driving me crazy!  Thank you.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:55 AM
  • A year later and I am having the samw problem with a Dell computer running Windows 7. Anyone found a fix?

Thanks!

Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:45 PM
  • I have just installed Vista Home Premium as an upgrade to XP.I think it has something to do with one of my printers I have both a hp 1012 laserjet and a all-in-one 4200.There is a director for the 4200 to fax copy or scan. The director works but seems to have some issues.In checking with the MFG. they said drivers in vista should be enough to make. it work .which it does.

Runtime Error!

Basic set cube organization.

Kiether Eichelbrenner

• Proposed as answer by KJHE Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:16 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:15 PM