none
Gave user access to shared mailbox she cannot view deleted items in Outlook-only in Outlook Online

Question

• Good Day,

We have a shared mailbox that is accessed by a couple of users. I gave one employee full access to the mailbox. She now sees the mailbox in her Outlook 2016 client and the very small mailbox finished downloading quickly. She does not see items in Sent or in Deleted items.

The same is true for me and I tried adding the mailbox via account settings and had the same results.

If I access the mailbox via Outlook Online I do see the items in deleted items and sent items. My end user would prefer to only access via full Outlook. Any ideas here?

Our Exchange is Office 365

Thank you!

Steve J.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

By "Outlook Online" do you mean the Outlook Online App?

Does this issue happen to all other users who have access to this shared mailbox?

Do you have cached Exchange mode enabled? If so, do you have "Download shared folders" option enabled? Please try to disable the "Download shared folders" option under Account Settings and then see if this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Yes, the deleted items and sent items of this Shared Mailbox are visible when viewing in Outlook Online (what used to be called OWA). Outlook Online is an application that is available in Office 365 Web Apps.

Yes, be default our employees that use Outlook do have Cached Mode enabled. I will test turning off Cached Mode on the Outlook client to see if the items in Deleted and Sent for the "shared mailbox" then appear.

Steve J.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:32 PM