none
The 'Add SharePoint Sites' button error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a Project Server 2013 instance where I am learning how to migrate Project Server 2010 data to.  I have followed all the steps to migrate my 2010 data and have the PWA site up and running.  I am currently experiencing an error when I am attempting to test the 'Add SharePoint Sites' feature.  I set up a SharePoint site to use to import, go to PWA and then click the 'Add SharePoint Sites" button on the ribbon.  The systems returns a 'Something Went Wrong' error.  Upon looking in the ULS log I find this critical error. 

Any assitance you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Web
     at http://cant-sps-009/PWA has a Project UID (aaf8af94-a310-4fd5-96c0-6d3156addc90) but no PWA URL.  Assuming that the web is not a workspace. StackTrace:  
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Admin.<>c__DisplayClass2c.<GetUsedWorkspacesIds>b__2b()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass5.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__3()    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)    
     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Admin.GetUsedWorkspacesIds()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.PWAImpl.<>c__DisplayClassf9.<AdminGetUsedWorkspacesIds>b__f8()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.WcfMethodInvocation.InvokeBusinessObjectMethod(String businessObjectName, String methodName, IEnumerable`1 actions)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.PWAImpl.AdminGetUsedWorkspacesIds()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.PWAAdminGetUsedWorkspacesIdsRemoteCommand.Execute(IPlatformContext context)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Wcf.Implementation.RemoteCommandBase.ProcessCommands(IPlatformContext platform, IEnumerable`1 commands)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PWARequest.ProcessRequests(IPlatformContext context, PWARequest[] pendngRequests)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PWARequestManager.<>c__DisplayClass4.<DoInProcCommands>b__3()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PWARequestManager.RunInAppTierContext(Action action)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebServiceProxy.PWARequests.AdminGetUsedWorkspacesIdsRequest.InProc(PJContext webFrontEndContext)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebServiceProxy.PWA.AdminGetUsedWorkspacesIds()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ImportSite.PopulateAvailableWebs()    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ImportSite.PJWebPage_OnLoad(EventArgs e)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJWebPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)    
     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()    
     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)    
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb)    
     at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)    
     at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)    
     at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)    
     at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)    
     at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)    
     at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)    
     at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:59 PM

All replies

• Yaz-man

You have not provided enough information to diagnose this.

What type of Site did you setup?

What type of list? (must be task list)

Where is the site?

What are the exact steps to reproduce?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Hi Gary,

I created the site from the PWA home page by:

1. Site Actions>>Site Settings>>Sites and Workspaces>>Create
    2. On New SharePoint Site screen I entered The Title, URL Name, Template = Team Site.  All other options default.
    3. Clicked "Create" button
    4. After creating the site I add tasks to the Task list. Very basic just two tasks.
    5. Then tried to add the site to PWA by going to the Project Center and clicking 'Add SharePoint Sites' button
    6. Its at this point that I get the 'Something Went Wrong' error with the ULS info above.

The site is located at .../PWA/ZZZTestSite

The PWA site is a migrated 2010 site, migrated following Micorsoft's instructions.  No errors encountered in migration.

Additional info:

Microsoft Server 2008 R2

Microsoft SQL 2008 R2

SharePoint Enterprise 2013 SP1

Project Server 2013 SP1

Should you need more information please let me know.

Thanks!!

Brian

BTW:  Your books are extremely helpful!! I'm currently making my way thourgh Microsoft Project Server 2013 Managing Projects and Portfolios.  Keep it up!!!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:42 PM