none
custom (hardware) update scripts+ importing settings/programs RRS feed

• Question

• My level of expertise is is low, but im prepared to tinker and learn, a problematic pc is the best adventure game on the market. I have a brother who is deaf and computerwise as or is a problem. He tinkers more than me and im forever doing Remote Assisstance to sort his pc out, ive now accidentaly discovered WSS, just what i needed. *** Cut to the Chase*** id like to know how i might go about setting up custom update scripts to look for hardware updates for his pc, and being a bit lazy is there a way to  import e-mail settings , anti virus setting and the likes etc or do i need to.  basically he is set up as the administrator at present and can i copy that profile and then edit it down?
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:58 PM

Answers

•  

Hi untrained tinkerman, thanks for the post. First of all, I'd like to inform you that Windows SteadyState mainly helps us to make shared computers easier to set up and maintain for administrators, and more reliable and consistent for computer users.

Could you let me know your current purpose by using SteadyState? It seems that you would like to transfer user profile to another computer. If this is the case, I consider SteadyState can help little on that. Meanwhile,
    I'd like to let you know that we do not support custom script development in this forum. However, we have some information regarding third party antivirus software update script. You can refer to the following thread if you want to create one:

Script with schedule update at certain time and disk protection on and set to remove changes

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1951048&SiteID=17

Thanks for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:20 AM