Multiple Agent Configuration Removal RRS feed

• Question

• I previously had a management server called SCOM1 it was decommissioned and replaced with a server called SC1.  Some of my health monitoring agents have configurations for both management servers and are constantly logging errors that they can't find SCOM1.  How can I remove the old, now invalid, configuration and let the new configuration remain.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the agent with no success, it still finds both configs.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you see the agent under "Agent managed" in administration area?

On the agent, please open a command prompt and run "gpupdate /force" to refresh the group policy setting.
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:38 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2008 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for SCE related issues. For questions about System Center Operations Manager 2007, please use the Microsoft public newsgroups for SCOM (microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup) which would be the most relevant newsgroup for your question.

microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup
    <http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.opsmgr.setup>

Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:13 AM
  • I am referring to the system center essentials agent.  This is not an opertation manager problem.  I have multiple configurations for my essentials agent and I can't get rid of the old one.  Please help.
    Friday, December 19, 2008 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

Can you see the agent under "Agent managed" in administration area?

On the agent, please open a command prompt and run "gpupdate /force" to refresh the group policy setting.
    • Marked as answer by Eric Zhang CHN Thursday, December 25, 2008 9:38 AM
    Monday, December 22, 2008 9:25 AM