Replace "NewDocSet.aspx" of Document Set with WebPart page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I need to add SharePoint-hosted add-in in document set new form "NewDocSet.aspx" and since this is not possible because it is application page i am trying to replace the default with my custom webpart page "WPPT.aspx". Threw SharePoint designer i am able to change the new form page of an chosen content type. 

When i click on the new doc set of this content type the page is redirected to this web part page:

test1

There is a lot of information appended in the query string by SharePoint when the page gets redirected and that is ok.

But there is one single query parameter that breaks the page and my custom web part page cannot be loaded:

url

wrong

When i modify "List=364abd2b-4348-4d9e-a816-455796e58540" to "List=364abd2b-4348-4d9e-a816-455796" or whatever else id ot this list query parameter it works fine. 

My question is why the page brakes when this list query parameter exists and points to real list. What can i do to remove it or at least to not breaking my custom web-part page. SharePoint is trying to use this information to do something but i am not sure what is doing. 

I will appreciate any feedback,

Thank you in advance!

Jordan Georgiev

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:45 AM

Answers

• Hello, guys,

I just found a solution(little hack) for this problem for anyone else who want's to do this kind of thing here is how i did it:

example

In SharePoint designer where i point to the custom webpart page i just append query parameter List=1.

This way when i create new document set from this content type the web part page is opening without a problem with this url:

/SitePages/WPPT.aspx?List=1&List=364abd2b-4348-4d9e-a816-455796e58540&

SharePoint is taking the first List query parameter and it can't find real list and does not throw an exception.

Hope i help someone else with this too.

Best Regards,

Jordan Georgiev

Friday, December 9, 2016 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hello, guys,

I just found a solution(little hack) for this problem for anyone else who want's to do this kind of thing here is how i did it:

example

In SharePoint designer where i point to the custom webpart page i just append query parameter List=1.

This way when i create new document set from this content type the web part page is opening without a problem with this url:

/SitePages/WPPT.aspx?List=1&List=364abd2b-4348-4d9e-a816-455796e58540&

SharePoint is taking the first List query parameter and it can't find real list and does not throw an exception.

Hope i help someone else with this too.

Best Regards,

Jordan Georgiev

Friday, December 9, 2016 10:49 AM
  • Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your sharing and it will help others who stuck with the same issue in the forum.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:38 AM