Default for opening programmes. RRS feed

• Question

• I find that having changed on programme to open with Open Office, now all my programmes show that same icon.  The problem being when clicking to open a file or programme I get an error message from adobe reader, stating unable to open this file.  Also I find that other times open office transfers to what I would understand to be another user, taking out my desk top for another version, less clearer to appear.  Open office then comes into action and when clicking on  okay to access the said programme I find I am with open writer.  So do not get what I had anticipated.  How can I rectify this error.   
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Do you mean that all app icons become Adobe Reader and cannot open?

If so, it is recommended that you refer to the methods mentioned in the following link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/application-file-icons-change-acrobat.html

If not, please you try to go to start menu, search programs Regedit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.lnk, find and delete this UserChoice folder, close and restart windows.

Of course, you can also upgrade win 7 to the latest version and check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by hurry yang Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:08 PM
    • Proposed as answer by hurry yang Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:06 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Windows 7 & Office,use Microsoft Data Base Engine 2016,plus Microsoft Access Runtime 2013

Download from Microsoft.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

Sunday, January 27, 2019 11:26 AM