locked
Outlook 2016 Account Creation RRS feed

  • Question

  • Exchange server 2010. Outlook 2016 automatic account creation is not working.Part of the response says that information in my profile is missing.

    Auto discover is setup. I did this test:

    https://mail.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml the result is this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    - <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
    - <Response>
    - <Error Time="16:27:44.9740474" Id="3007185755">
      <ErrorCode>600</ErrorCode>
      <Message>Invalid Request</Message>
      <DebugData />
      </Error>
      </Response>

     </Autodiscover>

    I understand that the 600 error means auto discover is good to go.

    I have another theory of why it is not working; our domain login names are not the same as our email address. Our logins are first name and last initial and our email is first initial last name. I know this causes us to manually configure activesynch. Could this be the issue? If so is there a work around?

    Thanks


    Don't sweat the hard stuff.&quot;

    Monday, September 26, 2016 11:43 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Please confirm whether the issue happens to all users or a specific user.

    Generally, the “code 600” means Autodiscover service is healthy.

    I suggest you try to create a brand new user mailbox then check if the new user can be configured fine in outlook.

    In addition, I suggest we do an Outlook connectivity test for the problematic user with https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ and see what went wrong.

    Regards,



    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support


    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by Bartly Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:52 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:23 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please confirm whether the issue happens to all users or a specific user.

    Generally, the “code 600” means Autodiscover service is healthy.

    I suggest you try to create a brand new user mailbox then check if the new user can be configured fine in outlook.

    In addition, I suggest we do an Outlook connectivity test for the problematic user with https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ and see what went wrong.

    Regards,



    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support


    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by Bartly Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:52 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:23 AM
    Moderator
  • We figured this out, but it did help to create a new user in order to diagnose the issue. Thanks

    Don't sweat the hard stuff.&quot;

    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:53 PM