Exchange 2010 SP2 UM Subsciber Access Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I have an strange issue when trying to access My Exchange 2010 mailbox through Subscriber Access Extension.

When I dial the SA extension (3822), I reach it, listen to the welcome message, SA then asks me for my Mailbox Extension (3003),   but when I type it on the phone, SA seems to catch only the first digit (3), and responds with a 'three ..., is not a valid extension'. 

I'm accessing Exchange UM through from a voip Phone connected to an asterisk 1.6 that has a trunk to a Lync 2010 Server with Collocated Mediation Server. Everything works fine with the lync server (External and Internal calls, user voicemail access from lync client to Exchange UM, etc.)

I've tried to explain it very simple, if anybody may help me, i will extend info about the environment if needed.

Thanks in advance. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Xavier.

Friday, July 6, 2012 8:45 AM

All replies

• Sounds like DTMF is not being passed from the phone/PBX through Lync to UM.  Does it work fine from a Lync client/phone?  If it does, then the issue lies in the PBX/PBX phone.  Is your PBX/PBX phone sending RFC 2833 (I think this is the RFC #) to Lync?  Can you call from the PBX phone to a Lync endpoint and that Lync endpoint hear any key presses the PBX phone is entering?
    Friday, July 6, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Thanks Eric, for your post. Yes, it sounds like that, although the asterisk's side is configured to effectively send DTMFs in RFC2833. I will try to take a Wireshark's capture to see what is being passed. When I establish a call between PBX phone and Lync Phone, DTMFs pressed on lync are heard from PBX phone, but not reversely from Lync when pressed on PBX. Thanks again.

Sunday, July 8, 2012 9:03 AM