Temporary Profile on Windows 7 Pro Domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have spent a couple of days reading through all of the threads relating to Windows 7 and temporary profiles, but I haven't found one that addresses my exact issue. I am a teacher and network administrator of 50 computers at a school. All belong to a domain, manged by the Windows2008 Server OS. 12 of the computers are HP PCs with XP Professional OS, 15 are HP thin clients, using terminal services - Remote Desktop, and the remainder are HP Windows 7 Professional PCs. They have all worked fine for a couple of years, but suddenly one of the Win7 PCs will only log the Administrator profile on without problem. All other profiles are logged on as temporary profiles, and there is no trace of them in the "Users" folder once logged off. The user can log on to any one of the other computers without issue, so it is related exclusively to that one PC. There is no restore point available in the restore too. I was hoping someone might have an idea if this problem is related to a damaged Windows file or if it is related to another issue, and how it can be repaired. I will be appreciative beyond words for any direction offered in resolving this!

• Edited by NeedHelp4 Sunday, May 25, 2014 4:27 PM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1. Try to remove computer from domain and readd it again.

2. Look into Event logs and search for errors and warnings

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:34 AM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:41 PM
  • Refer this link. This may help you to resolve the temporary profile issue.

http://www.sysprobs.com/fix-temporary-profile-windows-7

Mark as Answer if it's worked. Thanks. Balamurugan_Subramaniyan

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:36 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:36 AM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:24 PM
  • Thank you for your response, Milo. I will try your suggestion as soon as I am at school, and I'll let you know if it worked.
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:53 PM

• During the couple of days I spent reading threads regarding Windows 7 temporary profile issues, I did encounter that link several times, and tried it, but it really doesn't address the issue I'm having. Thanks for your response though, Balamurugam.
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:58 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding temporary profile issue, please also take a look at the following articles:

A temporary profile is loaded after you log on to a Windows Vista-based system

Here is a step by step guide:

Fix "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Error in Windows 7

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:34 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 9:27 AM