OneDrive don't sync RRS feed

• Question

• Why OneDrive Pro stopped syncing? Computer is Win 7 Prof. 64 bits. OneDrive synched till yesterday but then there was an exclamation mark on the icon down right. When I clicked it, it asked me to login. I inserted my mail address but the Next button didn't work.

Nikorios

Friday, March 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Answers

• It seems that only if several people have the same problem, something happens. Something happened to me too. I had to install Windows again (and naturally all the other programs). Now there's no yellow exclamation mark but something strange anyway. I saved a small Word file to the disk. OneDrive seemed to sync, but the file had the arrow sign showing that it's not ready. When I left click on the OneDrive icon, it shows that it's synching one file.  When I look my OneDrive with the browser, the file is there. I edited the file, and after a while there was an edited Word file on my computer, and now there's no sync.

Nikorios

• Marked as answer by Nikorios Monday, April 24, 2017 5:37 AM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 3:28 PM

All replies

• Run the troubleshooter.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:37 PM
  • Basic trouble shooting

How do you sync your Onedrive?
    Are you having issue syncing your Onedrive to your computer or mobile devices?
    What is the version or operating system of the device or computer you're syncing with Onedrive?
    Are you getting any error message?What are the recent changes made prior to the issue?
    Does issue occurs on all your Onedrive files or just on a specific file?
    Can you edit your file via Onedrive web?
    What are the exact steps you did on how you're trying to edit your files on 8.1 Onedrive? Is it via the Onedrive client or the modern Onedrive app?
    Is your PC connected properly to internet and not on a metered network?
    Could you confirm if the Onedrive Sync Engine continues to run and doesn’t continue to crash? To check, Go to Task Manager, ensure "Sky Drive Sync Engine Host" process is running.
    On your Onedrive app, are there errors at the top of the screen or top right corner? (Top right corner error is a link that opens the “Progress” view page. )
    Are there any icons on your Onedrive client on file Explorer  that indicate errors (i.e., yellow triage, red x).  If there’s an error icon, look for the error at the bottom of the file explorer window or right click on the Onedrive and select “View error” and opens the modern Onedrive app “Progress” view page

If the above doesn't help then

Restart your system
    Confirm that your computer is able to access the internet and is not on a metered network.
    Confirm that the Onedrive Sync Engine continues to run and doesn’t continue to crash. Go to Task Manager, ensure "Sky Drive Sync Engine Host" process is running.
    When viewing through Onedrive app: Launch the Onedrive app and look for errors at the top of the screen or top right corner. Top right corner error is a link that opens the "Progress" view page.
    When viewing through the Onedrive Desktop (File explorer view): Click on the Onedrive node and look for any icons that indicate errors (i.e., yellow triage, red x). If there’s an error icon, look for the error at the bottom of the file explorer window, or right click on the Onedrive, and then select View error which opens the modern Onedrive app "Progress" view page.
    Verify if the files being uploaded do not exceed the 2GB file limit in Onedrive client (Windows Explorer).
    The file has a name that is not supported. Rename the file to a valid name.

Finally you can run the Onedrive  troubleshooter.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:45 PM
  • Thank you for your fast reply

I'll first answer to the questions

How do you sync your Onedrive? I have the OneDrive client on my computer

Are you having issue syncing your Onedrive to your computer or mobile devices? Please look above

What is the version or operating system of the device or computer you're syncing with Onedrive? Please look above

Are you getting any error message? No error message expect that yellow exclamation mark

What are the recent changes made prior to the issue? I removed SkyDrive and installed OneDrive but it worked a couple of days

Does issue occurs on all your Onedrive files or just on a specific file? There's no sync

Can you edit your file via Onedrive web? Yes

What are the exact steps you did on how you're trying to edit your files on 8.1 Onedrive? Is it via the Onedrive client or the modern Onedrive app? It's not 8.1, its 7 Prof. I edited some files at the workplace, uploaded them and I'm having a work computer at home which I'm using now

Is your PC connected properly to internet and not on a metered network? Yes it is

Could you confirm if the Onedrive Sync Engine continues to run and doesn’t continue to crash? To check, Go to Task Manager, ensure "Sky Drive Sync Engine Host" process is running. No with Pro version the's GROOVE.EXE and it's running

On your Onedrive app, are there errors at the top of the screen or top right corner? (Top right corner error is a link that opens the “Progress” view page. ) If I click it and choose an option, it opens always that login page

Are there any icons on your Onedrive client on file Explorer  that indicate errors (i.e., yellow triage, red x).  If there’s an error icon, look for the error at the bottom of the file explorer window or right click on the Onedrive and select “View error” and opens the modern Onedrive app “Progress” view page No there's none
    Verify if the files being uploaded do not exceed the 2GB file limit in Onedrive client (Windows Explorer). The biggest one is 1,9 GB

The file has a name that is not supported. Rename the file to a valid name. No such

I'll run the troubleshooter and and I'll tell if it helped. No I keep a little break.

Nikorios

Friday, March 7, 2014 6:22 PM
  • Unfortunately the troubleshooter stopped with information:

Sorry, this troubleshooter doesn't work with this version of Windows (Win 7 Prof?)

We disabled this troubleshooter because it won't work on this PC.

I have also rebooted the computer.

Nikorios

• Edited by Nikorios Friday, March 7, 2014 7:12 PM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

What is the situation by now? If the issue insists, please first right-click the OneDrive icon (The OneDrive icon) in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar, and then click View sync problems for more detailed information

Here are some common issues regarding sync troubleshooting, see:

OneDrive desktop app sync problems

Hope this may help

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Michael_LS Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Michael

The situation remains the same. Wehen I open the computer, there is a yellow triangel on the cloud icon. And int he OneDrive folder ther's a desktop.ini containing:

[.ShellClassInfo] IconFile=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\1035\GrooveIntlResource.dll IconIndex=30 InfoTip=OneDrive for Business

When I remove the desktop.ini close OneDrive and open it again,  OneDrive starts synching .

I have sent a message two days ago to our local MS support but no reply so far.

Nikorios

• Edited by Nikorios Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:28 PM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:27 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue. Is there any resolution on this?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:35 PM
  • I'm also having the same issue.

I try and sign into OneDrive 2013 for Business Pro.

It asks me to verify my account. I enter my email address. 

The Next button doesn't work. No error. I just can't click on it. Stuck.

Monday, May 19, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Why OneDrive Pro stopped syncing? Computer is Win 7 Prof. 64 bits. OneDrive synched till yesterday but then there was an exclamation mark on the icon down right. When I clicked it, it asked me to login. I inserted my mail address but the Next button didn't work.

Nikorios

I have figured out a solution!!!!

If clicking the NEXT button does not work, enter you email address and press the ENTER key. That will go to the next screen.

• Proposed as answer by hatari7800 Monday, May 19, 2014 1:01 PM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 1:01 PM
  • It seems that only if several people have the same problem, something happens. Something happened to me too. I had to install Windows again (and naturally all the other programs). Now there's no yellow exclamation mark but something strange anyway. I saved a small Word file to the disk. OneDrive seemed to sync, but the file had the arrow sign showing that it's not ready. When I left click on the OneDrive icon, it shows that it's synching one file.  When I look my OneDrive with the browser, the file is there. I edited the file, and after a while there was an edited Word file on my computer, and now there's no sync.

Nikorios

• Marked as answer by Nikorios Monday, April 24, 2017 5:37 AM
    Monday, May 19, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Did you try other sync software, like AOMEI Backupper, it allows you to sync files wherever the file located, once you have checked the file in this software, the file can be synced. it will fix the OneDrive not syncing problem anyway. hope it's helpful.

Alisa

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:34 AM
  • Thanks Alisa

Actually that new Windows installing solved my problem.

Nikorios

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:37 AM