Reporting Services Point SSL after Role installed RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario,

Reporting Services (SQL 2012) installed on a remote server and not configured with SSL.  Reporting Services Point installed and functioning correctly.

We now have enabled SSL in RS Configuration using a cname for the certificate (sccmreports.domain.com) and it is working via web browser, however when I attempt to remove the port 80 binding it breaks SCCM's ability to connect to the reporting point via the admin console.   Presumably, if SSL is not enabled prior to installing the RSP that SCCM only knows to connect via HTTP?

If this is the case, outside of uninstalling and re-installing the RSP now is there a way to "tell" SCCM to use HTTPS to connect?  Maybe its a different issue altogether?

Thanks!

Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:28 PM

Answers

• The SSRS connection info is stored in Site control file, which is in the view vSMS_SC_SiteControlXML. If you change the SSRS address manually, the info cannot be updated automatically so that you must reinstall SSRS.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Monday, April 14, 2014 4:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, April 28, 2014 5:53 AM
    Friday, April 11, 2014 10:03 AM
  • yep, I meant Reporting Service Point. After that, you need to make sure the Site Control File XML in that view has been updated for this info.

Juke Chou

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:05 PM

All replies

• The SSRS connection info is stored in Site control file, which is in the view vSMS_SC_SiteControlXML. If you change the SSRS address manually, the info cannot be updated automatically so that you must reinstall SSRS.

Juke Chou

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Thanks Juke.  When you say re-intall SSRS you mean remove and re-install the Reporting Services Point?  I wouldn't think I would need to re-install SSRS itself, just reconfigure after the RSP was removed, then re-install the RSP.  Does this sound correct?

Thanks!

Friday, April 11, 2014 12:40 PM
  • yep, I meant Reporting Service Point. After that, you need to make sure the Site Control File XML in that view has been updated for this info.

Juke Chou

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Excellent.  Thanks again
    Friday, April 11, 2014 2:15 PM