Windows update error 8024a000 RRS feed

• Question

• i really need some help with this. i recently got my laptop repaired, it was that HP dv2000 motherboard recall. but when i got it back everything had errors in the programs. ive fixed most of them but i needed to download adobe flash player, but my computer says that it cant authenticate the installer. i also have problems trying to get on certain websites, and its not the kind you think. i actually had problems trying to get to this message board to ask this question. it keeps saying that there was a problem with this websights certificate. so i think the two problems are linked but i cant repair anything because it wont let me get on some secure websights. so get back to me when ever you can if you have any answers for me.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:36 PM

All replies

• I am not sure if this will help but you should look at the following:

Here's the solution. I had to replace a failed hard drive in a Vista laptop. The original drive was a 200GB and I replaced it with a 500GB. I used my original Toshiba restoration CDs. I've spent HOURS troubleshooting this problem and I never would have guessed the solution -- it's the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver. It has to be updated because of the larger drive.

see: h t t p : / / w w w . r u p e r t . i d . a u / t u t o r i a l s / e r r o r /

Please not that I had to put spaces between each character in the above URL as the forum won't let me post an URL yet.

This worked for me

Good Luck

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:38 AM