Exchange 2010 Contacts and Mail Universal Distribution Groups RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Mail Contact user@domain.com. They are a member of a Mail Universal Dist. Grp. in EMC I see they are a member of the group. But when in outlook when I expand the Dist. Group in a new email - I no longer see the contact email address. 

This has always worked just the last week or so, any ideas how this is controlled or why they are showing up as a member in EMC but not listed as a recipient of the group from outlook? We tested as well and they are not receiving emails any longer. 

Thanks - SJMP

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:58 PM

Answers

• Hi SJMP,

Please check whether you select "Hide from Exchange address lists" for the contact user.

And if you create a new contact and add it as a member of DG, can you see it in the Outlook?

Frank Wang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by SJMP Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:55 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:18 AM

All replies

• Do you see it as a member if you turn cached mode off?  Perhaps you are seeing a delay in generation, replication or download of the offline address book.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Hi SJMP,

Please check whether you select "Hide from Exchange address lists" for the contact user.

And if you create a new contact and add it as a member of DG, can you see it in the Outlook?

Frank Wang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by SJMP Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:55 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

try :

Update-Recipient
    Thanks.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:59 AM
  • It was selected as "Hide From Exchange Addesss Lists". Sorry for not checking this and asking and dumb question. 

thanks for everyones replies. 

SJMP

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:55 AM