none
Win2016 RDS use DNS round robin not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created Win2016 RDS and has 2 session host A (10.0.0.1) & B (10.0.0.2)

I setting DNS round robin for 2 session.

DNS : test-1

test-1:10.0.0.1

test-1:10.0.0.2

tested by 10 clients to connect test-1 this DNS ,but always to connect the 10.0.0.1 (A) this session host.

I don't know why not to connect 10.0.0.2 (B) this server?

A & B all the same setting

Hi I can't to find solution for solve this issue, I have Event 364 Source File: /Content/1B/DCD02B975BCC454188A2BB1F036E3E590C25641B.exe Destination File: D:\WSUS\WsusContent\1B\DCD02B975BCC454188A2BB1F036E3E590C25641B.exe But I don't know how to deline this KB Number..

Monday, August 12, 2019 5:47 AM

All replies

• Check these out,

https://ryanmangansitblog.com/2013/03/30/create-a-rdsh-farm-rds-2012-using-dns-round-robin/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/560bde32-acb8-46ef-a75d-ef6f6bdba696/win-2012-r2-farm-connection-broker-and-dns-round-robin?forum=winserverTS

https://turbofuture.com/computers/How-to-Setup-Remote-Desktop-Connection-Broker-for-Windows-2016

Monday, August 12, 2019 1:36 PM
  • HI
    1 did you use RDS standard deployment to deploy your RDS server ?
    2 what's your RDS deployment ? did you only install session host role on both server A and server B?
    3 if you use standard domain account(not domain admin) to remote access session host B directly ,will this user remote access session host B?
    4 Are your both session host A and session host B in the same AD domain? 

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:44 AM
  • DNS result caching can cause this sort of thing where people are getting DNS queries resolved by a box that is not the master DNS server for the round robin address. The DNS server the users query caches the result and so returns the same ordering until that cache entry expires.

I have also had it where people are using the same Remote Desktop Session Host to run MSTSC to connect to the test collection. The server itself has a DNS result cache so everyone on the same server gets the same result for the lifetime of the cache entry.

I eventually proved the round robin was actually working correctly by using NSLookup directly to the master DNS server and clearing the local DNS result cache after each query. In an Admin CMD box I used Ipconfig /flushDNS to clear the local DNS results cache.

You might be able to prevent caching by putting a very short lifetime on the DNS entry. However this will increase the load on the master DNS server as it will get hit by most of the queries. I believe a short life time is not necessary in Live running as the users are spread out in time and entry point. Thus they get spread out over the hosts eventually.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:08 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:27 AM