Recycle Bin - missing c: drive location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my users is experienced an issue related to Recycle Bin on Windows XP SP3.

Basically, when she opens Recycle Bin Properties, the C: drive Tab is missing. Only D:
    drive is showing.

Also, any deleted file/folder goes to Recycle Bin a being deleted immediately.

(The physical drive is divided into two partitions C and D).

When I am logging or other users, the properties shows both Tabs (Drive C and D).

Any suggestions; how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Bart

Bartosz Kurowski Solution Engineer MCP, MCT, MCTS, MCITP, MOS 2007 / 2010

• Edited by BArt IT Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:31 PM

All replies

• It sounds like the local profile may be corrupted for that user...

Logon to the pc using an id that has local admin rights on the box

Navigate to "c:\document and settings' locate the affected profile and rename the profile (example:  userx to userx.old)

Once profile has been renamed logon with the users credentials and see if that resolved the issue

The above steps will at least prove out that it's a local profile issue on that box

Friday, November 16, 2012 8:46 PM
  • Hi Almanza,

I am afraid, it wouldn't work. It is definitely profile issue, but I am looking for a possible solution without recreating existing profile. Just for a record; it didn't help recreating profile. Even given a brand profile, it returns into the same stage.

It is possible however; that when profile was rebuilt, someone made a mistake when copied files/folders from .old profile into a new one.

Thanks for suggestion anyway,

Bart  

Bartosz Kurowski Solution Engineer MCP, MCT, MCTS, MCITP, MOS 2007 / 2010

Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:05 PM
  • Roaming profiles or GPO?  That is the only thought that comes to mind since the new profile gave you the same results.

Monday, November 19, 2012 2:21 AM