user profile service failed the logon . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am working in a corporate here we are using windows 7 professional i am able to log in locally but while i try to log in with domain account i am unable to log in (user profile service failed the logon) mentioned error is showing.

I have tried every thing but not resolved.

Kindly help me to resolve this.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:37 PM

Answers

• The above suggested reference looks good to get this job done. Moreover, If you wish than have a look on below given earlier discussed threads that might helps you to get in more details:

The user profile service failed to logon : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a37bd30f-090a-4aad-a161-43238e1cc73c/the-user-profile-service-failed-to-logon?forum=winserverDS

The User Profile Service failed the logon : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0a3dc8f-3934-4293-8998-023daaf57713/the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon?forum=w7itprogeneral

Hope it helps you!

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, September 9, 2015 10:04 AM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Seen this before and it was because some users profiles were deleted but the wrong way. The profiles had been deleted manually by going into users folder and deleting the user folder. This caused confusion with the profile service and the registry on the computer . 

when a user profile is removed it should be done via system properties > profiles, that way the profile is removed properly and from the registry.

anyway this might help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947215

Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:49 AM
  • Daft question, but do you have enough free disk space? Number one cause I have come across

Has someone deleted folders from c:\users manually? Number two cause I have come across - if this is the case you will need to clear down the registry entries for the profiles also.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". I do not work for Microsoft, I manage a large estate in the public sector, my views are generally first hand production experiences.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:57 AM

All replies

• Seen this before and it was because some users profiles were deleted but the wrong way. The profiles had been deleted manually by going into users folder and deleting the user folder. This caused confusion with the profile service and the registry on the computer . 

when a user profile is removed it should be done via system properties > profiles, that way the profile is removed properly and from the registry.

anyway this might help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947215

Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:49 AM
  • Daft question, but do you have enough free disk space? Number one cause I have come across

Has someone deleted folders from c:\users manually? Number two cause I have come across - if this is the case you will need to clear down the registry entries for the profiles also.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer". I do not work for Microsoft, I manage a large estate in the public sector, my views are generally first hand production experiences.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:57 AM