none
Wsus on server 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm have installed WSUS on server 2019 and everything seems to be running fine, except I'm getting a warning "Feature Unavailable" The Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Redistributable is required for this feature.

I have installed ReportBuilder, ReportViewer and SQLSysCLrTypes as suggesting in a solution to get WSUS Working on server 2016, but on server 2019 the message keeps popping up.

Has anybody got it working on server 2019?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.
    Did you restart the Windows Server 2019 server after installing the necessary components? If you still can't view the WSUS report, try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the following components installed on the Windows Server 2019 server:
       - Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime
       - Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012
    2. Restart the server.
    3. Please re-download the components at the following address:
       - Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Redistributable: Download Link
       - Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012: Download Link
    4. Install them and restart the server again.

I have tested the above steps in Windows Server 2019.
    Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 2:25 AM
  • Hi Yic, thanks for the answer, I've been out for a while.

I uninstalled everything, rebooted the machine and started over.

When trying to install the Report Viewer it complains it needs the "Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012" after installing The CLR Types and rebooting the server,  the same message (asking for the CLR Types) showed up again.

• Edited by Loc-9080 Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:22 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:06 PM
  • Hi all,

I have given up on trying to install this on Server 2019. Redeployed Server 2016, installed the WSUS role/feature, Installed the SQLsysClrTypes for server 2012 and ReportViewer and everything went up and running smoothly

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:11 PM
  • FYI, just installed.......... 

Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012 (x64) https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=239644
    Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35747 

.......onto Windows Server 2019 Standard version 1809.

It works as expected in WSUS 2019, and I can view my WSUS reports.

• Edited by Maddas68 Monday, July 22, 2019 7:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by AJTek.caMVP Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:59 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 7:24 AM
  • Same issue with a brand new fully patch install of Server 2019. Also seems a pity that 2019 WSUS still relies on a 2012 reporting tool.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:39 PM