MS Word 2007 error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using AppV Management Serer, Sequencer and Client version 4.5. All my client machines are running on XP. I had Sequenced MS Office 2007. All the shortcusts are published to the desktop in clinet machine. 

While closing a word document iam getting one error message.

"WORD CANNOT OPEN THE FILE ~WRS.tmp IF THE FILE IS STORED ON YOUR COMPUTER, THERE MAY BE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HARDWARE.IF THE FILE IS STORED ON THE NETWORK, THERE MAY BE A PROBLEM WITH THE NETWORK. IF YOU CAN COPY THE FILE. TRY SAVING THE FILE IN ANOTHER LOCATION AND OPENING THERE".

But the file which i opened was there on the local hard disk only. But still i don't know why iam getting this error. 

Please help me how to resolve this.
    Thanks in Advance.

venu
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 10:02 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You seem to be able to rule out one type of printer, try to continue to narrow the problem down to a specific printer driver.

/ZNack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:50 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Normally this is caused by a bad printer driver on your client. Try another client that doesn't have any printers on it and see if it behaves differently.

/Znack
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. Some of the other clients have HP Printer driver installaed, but they are not getting the same error. Few clients are gettings that above error.

Please suggest me some resolution steps.

venu
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:59 AM
  • Hello,

You seem to be able to rule out one type of printer, try to continue to narrow the problem down to a specific printer driver.

/ZNack
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:50 PM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

When I closed word 2007 I am getting an error message like " Word encountered a problme and needs to close".

I saw in the eventviewer the follwoing error is displayed.
    "The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: winword.exe, 11.0.5604.0, 3f314a2f, winword.exe, 11.0.5604.0, 3f314a2f, 0, 00071fc8."

Type: Error  Source: Microsoft Office 12

Please suggest me how to resolve this.
    venu
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:00 AM
  • Hello,

I would use PROCMON to determine what happens prior to the failure and see if there is anything effecting the installation. I would also try to repeat the issue on other platforms.

Now, this error problem deserves its on thread ?

/Znack
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:50 PM
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 8:53 AM
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled one HP Printer solved the issue.. Thanks alot
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:27 AM