product and classification RRS feed

• Question

• For windows 7, I only have one item in products list. For Windows 10, there are some many items. Should I need check all items?
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply, this may be my explanation is not clear enough.
    First, if you need to approve system feature updates and security updates for Windows 10 clients, please select the three products mentioned in my last answer. In fact, their difference is:

• Windows 10, Version 1903 and later:This product is a system feature update and security update for Windows 10 Version 1903 and future releases.
    • Windows 10: This product is the most comprehensive collection of system features and security updates for all Windows 10 releases
    • Windows 10 LTSB: This product is a system feature update and security update for the Windows 10 LTSB release.

According to your description, since your environment includes 1809 and 1903, I recommend that you choose Windows 10 for your product, because this includes all Windows 10 versions of the product.

Second, if you need to approve system driver for Windows 10 clients, this will use the "Windows 10, version 1809 and later & servicing Drivers" you mentioned. This product is used for tag drivers and does not include system feature updates and security updates.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by netizen99 Friday, September 6, 2019 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This may require analysis of the version of Windows 10 you are using in your environment. There are several possible options:

• If your environment uses Windows 10 Version 1903, please select the product: "Windows 10, Version 1903 and later"
    • If your environment uses Windows 10 LTSB, please select the product: "Windows 10 LTSB"
    • In addition to any other version of the above version, please select the product "Windows 10".

For reference, this article describes what the product category for Windows 10 stands for: "What Do The Windows 10 Product Names Mean in WSUS."

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Dear Yic,

Thanks a lot for your information, but frankly speak after ready the document "What do...." I still have no idea the different between all kind of update for Windows 10. 

I'm using Windows 10 version 1809 and later will deploy 1903 after pilot testing. 

May I suppose I need is 'Windows 10, version 1809 and later & servicing Drivers'? Any more fundamental describe for the options can be found?

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply, this may be my explanation is not clear enough.
    First, if you need to approve system feature updates and security updates for Windows 10 clients, please select the three products mentioned in my last answer. In fact, their difference is:

• Windows 10, Version 1903 and later:This product is a system feature update and security update for Windows 10 Version 1903 and future releases.
    • Windows 10: This product is the most comprehensive collection of system features and security updates for all Windows 10 releases
    • Windows 10 LTSB: This product is a system feature update and security update for the Windows 10 LTSB release.

According to your description, since your environment includes 1809 and 1903, I recommend that you choose Windows 10 for your product, because this includes all Windows 10 versions of the product.

Second, if you need to approve system driver for Windows 10 clients, this will use the "Windows 10, version 1809 and later & servicing Drivers" you mentioned. This product is used for tag drivers and does not include system feature updates and security updates.

Regards,
    Yic

• Marked as answer by netizen99 Friday, September 6, 2019 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:33 AM