Windows 7 login problem - black screen, "Password =" RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows 7 computer doesn't take me to a login; just a black screen with "Password =". I've tried every password I've ever used, and cannot solve it (computer responds "not  certified" and after three tries, it shuts down). Recently I used a program to unlock my computer (windows password unlocker professional), and in that process set the BIOS to go to the USB drive first. I was able to reset my passwords, and used the computer for a while, then it went to this black screen when turned on. I've tried inserting the password unlock program on the USB drive into the drive, and still no change. I've also tried F8 when turning the computer on; I get the "Toshiba" logo for a flash, then the "Password =" screen again.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:33 PM

All replies

• I suspect that the system is corrupt. I suggest you to contact Toshiba support to restore your system.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, December 23, 2011 3:07 AM
  • Possible that you put a Power ON password on your pc - you can set this in the bios.  If you know the password enter the password and then go in the bios and disable the Power On password.
    Friday, December 23, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Thanks almanza. My problem is I can't get to the BIOS. I've tried hitting escape while booting up, F8, and various other keys; it always takes me to the black screen with "password =", and I can't get past that. Any ideas on how to get past that?

Arthur Xie, I fear your suggestion may be the solution, and I'll try to get to Toshiba after Christmas. I'll post how it goes. Thanks for the input from both of you!

Saturday, December 24, 2011 5:28 AM
  • What model is your computer?  I imagine they might have some info on their site on how to reset the Power ON password...
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:46 PM