Found new weird network issue RRS feed

• Question

• My Cable provider is doing upgrades to my area, my cable modem never looses sync. I am running Win 7 x64 RC 7100 on 2 different (1 AMD, 1 Intel) PCs connected to wired a router. If my connection to the internet fails I can't connect to my wired router or my network from either machine. I have to close open apps on one of the PCs and then open Network & Sharing center, then click on the warning between the PC and the network icon. After the attempt to connect to the internet fails I can connect to router and my network even though I still have no internet connectivity. This is just bizarre and it happens to both PCs neither can connect to the router or each other until I do this "chicken ritual" on a machine. The NIC connections are Client for MS networks and TCP/IP4. Any ideas? Why does network connectivity lock up?
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:30 AM

Answers

• What sort of applications are you running? Is there a common activity you are doing when this usually happens? Do you have drivers for your NIC cards directly from the manufacturer's site?
    • Proposed as answer by jca2323 Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:08 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Adam M MCP Monday, June 22, 2009 7:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaEditor Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:41 PM

All replies

• What sort of applications are you running? Is there a common activity you are doing when this usually happens? Do you have drivers for your NIC cards directly from the manufacturer's site?
    • Proposed as answer by jca2323 Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:08 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Adam M MCP Monday, June 22, 2009 7:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaEditor Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:23 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:41 PM
  • Tried both the Nvida driver and the Microsoft one that came with Win 7. Using browser and winamp.
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Have you tried enabling IPv6?
    Monday, June 22, 2009 7:12 PM