Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter installation problem in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there Experts and Profs,

I'm trying to create an MS Loopback adapter in my windows 10, but the installation process always fails as demonstrated in the snapshot below:

• How to solve this issue?

Appreciate your generous support in advance.

Satti

Monday, May 16, 2016 2:32 PM

Answers

• Well in Device Manager select View > Show hidden devices. Check Network adapters. Is the Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter showing? If so double click open it and then the Driver tab and Uninstall, reboot and retry.

If not showing \ that does not help. Check the system System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (guide by Team ZigZag) just to see \ make sure that is ok overall.

If still issues any VPN's installed? Hyper-V? How are you trying to add the KM-TEST? (adding mine via Device Manager ok)

Monday, May 16, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Hi, 

I have tested on my computer with Windows 10 1511 with latest updates, and everything worked fine. 

First, please try to reinstall in Clean boot mode to avoid 3rd part conflict. 

Make sure to install the latest Network driver for your computer. 

If this issue still persists, please post back the detailed error information under System events for our research:

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:23 PM

All replies

• Well in Device Manager select View > Show hidden devices. Check Network adapters. Is the Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter showing? If so double click open it and then the Driver tab and Uninstall, reboot and retry.

If not showing \ that does not help. Check the system System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot (guide by Team ZigZag) just to see \ make sure that is ok overall.

If still issues any VPN's installed? Hyper-V? How are you trying to add the KM-TEST? (adding mine via Device Manager ok)

Monday, May 16, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Hi, 

I have tested on my computer with Windows 10 1511 with latest updates, and everything worked fine. 

First, please try to reinstall in Clean boot mode to avoid 3rd part conflict. 

Make sure to install the latest Network driver for your computer. 

If this issue still persists, please post back the detailed error information under System events for our research:

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:23 PM
  • Does VPN cause installation failure of KM-TEST Loopback Adapter? I tried all possible ways to fix this, but nothing is working? Can you please suggest?
    Monday, April 9, 2018 8:14 PM