none
blue and black screen of death

Question

• I have a Windows 7 HP pavilion i3. I upgraded to windows 10 about 6 months ago with the free upgrade. Last week I reset my pc to factory conditions. While it was resetting the power button was pushed. I turned the pc back on and it showed the black screen with windows logo and circle dots. when I press F12 it tells me (an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.)I disconnected everything except the mouse and keyboard then I press ctrl+alt+del as it tells me to restart and I continue to get the circle dots. How can I get back to the OS to restore windows 10 any help please!  
    • Edited by creed1975 Saturday, April 1, 2017 4:51 AM
    Saturday, April 1, 2017 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi creed1975,

Please consult user manual, and you will find how to reset it to factory condition, i.e. recovery to factory image.

I've tried to find user manual via HP site, in vain.
    Would you provide the full name (model) of your HP pavilion i3?

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Saturday, April 1, 2017 12:18 PM
  • Hi creed1975,

What is the exact machine model?

If you have upgraded to Windows 10 successfully before July 29, 2016. We could perform a clean installation of Windows 10 and it should be activated automatically.
    Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ
    https://support.microsoft.com/id-id/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

I have tried to search the machine model from the HP website but I didn`t find your machine model. I found several possible model but they all didn`t have Windows 10 compatible drivers. You`d better to ensure the HP have released the Windows 10 compatible drivers for your machine model or it is not recommended to install Windows 10 system on the machine.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 2:15 AM