Unable to upload large files in MOSS document liberary RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all I am working on SharePoint 2007. I want to upload large file say more the 150 mb, however I am unable to upload it and SharePoint is giving following error:

Unable to complete this operation.  Please contact your administrator.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.PutFile(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varFile, PutFileOpt PutFileOpt, String bstrCreatedBy, String bstrModifiedBy, Int32 iCreatedByID, Int32 iModifiedByID, Object varTimeCreated, Object varTimeLastModified, Object varProperties, String bstrCheckinComment, UInt32& pdwVirusCheckStatus, String& pVirusCheckMessage)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PutFile(String bstrUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varFile, PutFileOpt PutFileOpt, String bstrCreatedBy, String bstrModifiedBy, Int32 iCreatedByID, Int32 iModifiedByID, Object varTimeCreated, Object varTimeLastModified, Object varProperties, String bstrCheckinComment, UInt32& pdwVirusCheckStatus, String& pVirusCheckMessage)

When I checked the log I found following error log:

Critical Database full error on SQL Server instance 'XXXXXXX' in database 'WSS_Content'. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventCache'.'EventCache_Id' in database 'WSS_Content' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

I have increased session time out in IIS and max request size in the Web Application's web.config. I have also had increased upload file size in SharePoint web applications general settings but no luck.

I also have shrink the size of web applications database log file, and set the Autogrowth of both log file and data file enable and select 'Unrestricted file growth'.

But the problem is still there.

Can some tell me why this happening, and how to get this issue resolve.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Ali Raza Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:43 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:22 PM

Answers

• This normally means you are out of physical disk space on the SQL server either where the database (MDF) file exists or the log file (LDF). Please check the actual disk drives for free space on your SQL server.

JD Wade
    Senior SharePoint Consultant, MCTS
    Horizons Consulting, Inc.
    Blog: http://wadingthrough.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/jdwade

Thursday, March 8, 2012 4:28 PM