none
Update tasks as complete turns them to milestones RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using MSP Pro 2010 for my workplan. I manually update tasks with the 'Actual Finish' dates to sync them with a parallel tracking system. In doing so, some tasks are converted to zero duration since the work is truncated in the process. This makes MSP to think they are milestones & sets the milestone flag to 'Yes'. This is not what is required since it has implications in reporting. I have tried manually setting the flag back to 'No' but it doesn't seem to work on re-opening the workplan.

Is there a way to update such tasks with actual finish dates & not convert them to milestones?

Thanks

Fabian

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The task becomes a milestone regardless of its type (I did check before answering, did you?); that is not the question. The question is, when you set the milestone property to No, then save and close the file and re-open it, the milestone property would revert to yes. Well, for me it stays to No.

Greetings,

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Fabian,

I did exctly what you describe and behold, after saving closing and re-opening the milestone flag was still at no. In other words, i cannot reproduce this.

Greetings,

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:10 AM
  • I think the tasks must be of  Fixed duration type. Change the tasks type to Fixed work and then adjust Actual Finish date and check the behavior.

Thanks and Regards, Roopkumar Kamat (MCITP)

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:33 PM
  • Hi,

The task becomes a milestone regardless of its type (I did check before answering, did you?); that is not the question. The question is, when you set the milestone property to No, then save and close the file and re-open it, the milestone property would revert to yes. Well, for me it stays to No.

Greetings,

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:13 PM