Help w/ Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I use 2 computers in my home. My laptop is a Compaq w/ XP and my PC is a HP Pavilion Media Center m8430f w/ Vista 64-bit.  This may sound strange but for the past 6 months both of my computers have been hacked into remotely and I believe my house was broken into severtal times and my computers were tampered with then  as well. Only my book of computer software CDs were stolen which was worth well over 4 grand.   Ive tried every security software out there and have done factory installs countless times to try to prevent my computers from being taken over. 

I finally just came to the conclusion that the hacker(s) is using GROUP POLICY to control my computers.  I found several files on bothcomputers that points to this. 

I am better than average with a computer and have never known that this Group policy allows someone to override my administrator privelidges. I could write pages telling you about all the crazy things done to my computer and all the methods ive done to stop it, but I just need to know if there is a simple way to remove this GROUP POLICY and prevent this from ever happening again. I am about to trash my computers and never use one again...thats how frustrated this has made me and I have no idea why anyone would target me. 

Please help!!

Thanks, Kevin

PS  I am willing to let someone onto my computer remotely to let you have a look and to confirm what Im talking about.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:52 AM

All replies

• hi,
    as i know there are several virus,trojans can modify Reg, which of course reflect to GPO
    Do you have antivirus/anti spayware !!!
    how do you know that Hacker is using GPO,"check event viewer!!",  it may by a trojan or spyware that can take control of your PC
    i recommend you to install AV update it before Full scan your system, use a client Firewall.

Monday, March 9, 2009 12:26 AM
  • I just wrote a question with almost the same problem you describe but I've been fighting this problem for several years. I've done a "clean" install but as soon as I boot up to .NET seems to come into play and I'm in a network with NO control and I only have one computer with Vista Home Premium but all tech help is dominated by xp tech help from MS.  Hope it works out for you and will keep watching this to see what your response is!
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:12 PM