dv9000 install problems for Windows 7 64bit RTM (Ultimate for Partners) RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get 7 to install due to a missing cd/dvd driver for device.  I have the latest BIOS and firmware for the chipset from HP.  I am currently running Vista 32bit.  I have cleared the upper and lower registers for the drive and reinstalled the chipset drivers.  I have zero ATA vs. SATA configuration options in the BIOS, HP has it locked tight.

Vista lists the device as TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632M ATA Device and is only using cdrom.sys for the device.

This is the dv9000z CTO version, with the NVIDIA 6150 nForce chipset.  The only flag the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta tool flags is for the nForce System Management Controller.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to offer assistance...
    • Edited by oneking34 Friday, August 21, 2009 2:13 AM
    • Moved by Andy Song Friday, August 21, 2009 6:52 AM current os is Windows Vista (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Friday, August 21, 2009 12:59 AM

Answers

• My install is running right now, after I burned it to DVD+R at a normal speed.  I used the exact same ISO, just to isolate the solution.  It is a problem with certain drives' firmware and -R media.
    • Marked as answer by oneking34 Friday, August 21, 2009 2:39 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:36 PM

All replies

• I havent experienced this myself.. but i read somewhere else this is almost always due to a bad download and/or burn of the iso.  Redownload and burn on the slowest speed.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:25 AM
  • I have read the same.  I've also seen a couple of things indicating it may be picky between DVD-R and DVD+R (as in -R doesn't work right, which is the only media I have).  I'll pickup a new +R disc tomorrow and try it again.

I also tried to do a USB boot with my 16GB flash drive and that was a no go.  It never would come up.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 4:27 AM
  • My install is running right now, after I burned it to DVD+R at a normal speed.  I used the exact same ISO, just to isolate the solution.  It is a problem with certain drives' firmware and -R media.
    • Marked as answer by oneking34 Friday, August 21, 2009 2:39 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Not sure why this was moved from one forum to another, this has nothing to do with Vista??  It is a Win7 ISO related problem when dealing with TSST Corp drives and -R media.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:39 PM