none
Backup Hyperconverged 2016 Cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are running a Hyperconverged Cluster based on Windows Server 2016 (not using nano).

We are using Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D).

Know we would like to backup VMs in that Cluster.
    Is there anything I have to take care of when configuring Backup for such an environment?

We are using DPM 2016 UR2 based on Windows Server 2016.

Thanks in advance

kind regards

/bkpfast

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is nothing special that needs to be done.  Just deploy the DPM 2016 agent on each node of the cluster and Hyper-V VM protection should be seamless.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is nothing special that needs to be done.  Just deploy the DPM 2016 agent on each node of the cluster and Hyper-V VM protection should be seamless.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi,

ok, thank you I give it a try.

regards

/bkpfast

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:13 PM