CDMA BASED USB MODEM problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a TATA indicom CDMA based USB MODEM. It worked fine at first installation. But then I have to uninstall and reinstall, sicnce then it is not at all getting installed. My obsevations are that when I try to install windows says problem encountered installing driver and exits. Also the device manager is not listing PORTS(COM&LPT). The drive I got from manufacturer works fine on Win-XP.

Plz help me
    Thanks in adv
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:55 AM

Answers

•  

Hi, have you successfully installed the driver on Windows Vista at first? You can try Clean Boot and then install the driver:

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment.

Meanwhile, you can also contact with TATA support and see if this can be known issue from their side.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:20 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, have you successfully installed the driver on Windows Vista at first? You can try Clean Boot and then install the driver:

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment.

Meanwhile, you can also contact with TATA support and see if this can be known issue from their side.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:20 AM
  • HI,
     IT DID NOT WORK EVEN AFTER CLEAN BOOT!!
    ACTUALLY It says Driver not intended for this plat form
    In the setupApi log an error like this is found "Unable to retrieve InfPath"
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 7:23 AM