none
calibrate battery RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked it out in website of your PC's make?
    Some makers provide tools/utilities for calibrating battery.

Regards,
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 9:20 AM
  • There is no calibration of the internal CMOS battery.  It is either good or it is bad.  No in between.  If it's bad, you replace the battery.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, September 10, 2016 11:44 AM
  • There is no calibration of the internal CMOS battery.  It is either good or it is bad.  No in between.  If it's bad, you replace the battery.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

I think the OP must be referring to a laptop battery, not the CMOS one.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians behave badly and give the rest a bad name!

Saturday, September 10, 2016 12:53 PM
  • You have a point, but I am not aware of a method to calibrate a laptop battery either.

Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:56 PM
  • You have a point, but I am not aware of a method to calibrate a laptop battery either.

Rick

Ordinarily to recalibrate a battery:

1. The power is connected until the charge reads 100% and stays connected for another two hours at 100%.

2. The power is disconnected and the battery is allowed to drain completely. Don’t undertake any critical work at this time.

3. Leave the computer for at least five hours, overnight is best.

4. Connect the power adapter and fully charge it. The battery is now fully calibrated, and the internal battery processor will deliver accurate battery time remaining estimates.

However, this procedure does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians behave badly and give the rest a bad name!

Saturday, September 10, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Thanks, BurlWalnut.

I have seen the procedure as you list it, but I don't recall it being noted as "recalibrate."  Can't remember for sure, but I had always seen it as renewing, or something along those lines.  Seems I learn something new everyday!

Saturday, September 10, 2016 4:17 PM
  • Hi,

This article may help you, please refer to the link:

How to Calibrate Your Laptop's Battery For Accurate Battery Life Estimates:

http://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, September 12, 2016 9:55 AM