none
Exchange Online Archive Mailbox (cloud only)

Question

• I've been curious with Archive mailbox lately and this thread (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn922147(v=exchg.150).aspx) has been very helpful in answering so many of my questions. 

However i think it doesn't have a guide on how to delete an archive mailbox other than to wait for its 30 day period once it is disabled so that it will be deleted automatically. Is there a way around this?

Saturday, June 9, 2018 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi ArceeMah,

I don't know why you have such an requirement to delete a disabled archive mailbox immediately, but per my knowledge, there is no way to achieve.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 9:31 AM

All replies

• I haven't done this myself before, but you might try this.

Disable-Mailbox -Identity "Mailbox Name" -Archive -PermanentlyDisable

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mailboxes/disable-mailbox?view=exchange-ps

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:29 PM
  • Hi ArceeMah,

I don't know why you have such an requirement to delete a disabled archive mailbox immediately, but per my knowledge, there is no way to achieve.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 9:31 AM
  • Hi ArceeMah,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Monday, June 18, 2018 8:44 AM
  • sorry for the late reply. seems like this is the case for online archive mailbox. thanks for the input!
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:51 PM