none
IE 10 Metro RRS feed

• Question

• Can one open a new window when using IE 10 Metro. I can't find this option, I'm using multiple screens and would like to have a different IE10 window open in each, kind of cumbersome if I can't open new IE windows while on the Metro mode.
    Friday, March 29, 2013 9:07 PM

Answers

• Can one open a new window when using IE 10 Metro.

Not a new window but a new tab--up to 10--press Ctrl-t or do whatever else you might do to create a new tab foreground or background.   To see your tabs press Win-Z.   Multiple screens won't help you.   The only thing they can be used for is spreading your Desktop windows around and choosing which one of them will be your Start Screen/Metro app display.   E.g. press Win-PageUp to move it around.
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:17 AM
    Answerer
  • If you want to create tabs without using the keyboard in metro mode (really for touch tablets), swipe down from the top of the screen and you'll have options to create a new regular tab, an InPrivate tab, close open tabs, or to switch tabs.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:58 AM

All replies

• Can one open a new window when using IE 10 Metro.

Not a new window but a new tab--up to 10--press Ctrl-t or do whatever else you might do to create a new tab foreground or background.   To see your tabs press Win-Z.   Multiple screens won't help you.   The only thing they can be used for is spreading your Desktop windows around and choosing which one of them will be your Start Screen/Metro app display.   E.g. press Win-PageUp to move it around.
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:17 AM
    Answerer
  • If you want to create tabs without using the keyboard in metro mode (really for touch tablets), swipe down from the top of the screen and you'll have options to create a new regular tab, an InPrivate tab, close open tabs, or to switch tabs.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:58 AM