is possible to run alcatel softphone in windows 7, how? RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys.
    i have a problem with an application, and i need to remediate it but i'm not able.
    The application installs, after instalattion the application runs, it receives the updates from the server and when i try to login the application generates an error ("Log again, either your loin or password was wrong").
    The application is called Alcatel 4980 Softphone, normaly is used in Windows XP, i'm trying to use it in Windows 7.
    i hope that anyone can help me to remediate the app.

thanks
    cheers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• The software may be too old. Have you tried to run it in the XP Mode?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:50 AM
  • if i use XP mode probably the application runs, but xp Mode isn't a valid solution (would require a new computer on AD ...)
    i am trying to use ACT to fix up the application.

thanks

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:00 PM
  • It is better to contact the Alcatel Support to confirm if there is any update for Windows 7 available.

Also you can run this application in the Compatibility Mode to see if it works. For more informamtion, refer to: Make older programs run in this version of Windows

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:51 AM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:08 AM
  • I have tryed it before, but XP compatibility mode donts works.

I gonna try to contact Alcatel Suport, maybe the application will be upgraded (who knows)...

Thanks

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:29 AM
  • Hi everybody,

already a year later I have the same Problem.

At the Moment we are changing from Windows XP to Windows 7 Enterprise.

Is there alreade a solution that works for running alcatel 4980?

(sorry for my bad englisch)

thanks

Benrd

Friday, April 8, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Same solution as last year:  Contact Alcatel Support.

Microsoft does not provide support for third party hardware or software; that is the resposbility of the manufacturer/vendor!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, April 8, 2011 11:51 AM