SCOM 2012 - DNS MP RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I am not able to find External Resolution monitor in operations manager 2012 r2 under monitoring, with System Center Management Pack for Windows Server DNS Management Pack.

I need to monitor external resolution, so how could I do this with this new MP?

Please can you give me a snapshot to see where it is located in SCOM 2012 R2? 

• Edited by Jean M Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:16 AM

Answers

• The current version of DNS management pack is 7.1.10100.0 and external resolution monitor is missing on this version of MP. If you want to monitor external resolution, you should import an older version of DNS MP which can live side-by-side with the current ones. After importing an old version of DNS MP, you can find the external resolution monitor under DNS 2008/R2 Server --> Availability --> Resolution Rollup --> DNS 2008/R2 External Resolution Monitor

Roger

• Marked as answer by Jean M Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:24 AM
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:23 AM

All replies

• For External Resolution Monitor, You can refer below link

http://www.ms-opsmgr.eu/?p=351

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:41 PM
  • For External Resolution Monitor, You can refer below link

http://www.ms-opsmgr.eu/?p=351

This link is not for my situation, your link can work with 2007 Sp1 and above with previous DNS management Pack.

Any help for my situation.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:34 PM
  • Hi Jean,

For Monitoring External Resolution, you will need go to Authoring and enable “External Resolution Monitor

The previous link show to you steps to do that. It's same steps on SCOM 2012 R2.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:26 PM
  • Hi Jean,

For Monitoring External Resolution, you will need go to Authoring and enable “External Resolution Monitor

The previous link show to you steps to do that. It's same steps on SCOM 2012 R2.

Dear Mai,

I am still not able to find the external resolution monitor, please find below screen shot and advice me on the path to it.

Thank you

Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:43 AM
  • The current version of DNS management pack is 7.1.10100.0 and external resolution monitor is missing on this version of MP. If you want to monitor external resolution, you should import an older version of DNS MP which can live side-by-side with the current ones. After importing an old version of DNS MP, you can find the external resolution monitor under DNS 2008/R2 Server --> Availability --> Resolution Rollup --> DNS 2008/R2 External Resolution Monitor

Roger

• Marked as answer by Jean M Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:24 AM
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:23 AM