Incident Review activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In my SCSM 2012 for incidents, i am planning to add review activity so that if any approval is required, it can be approved by the line manager for the created user.

But if try to add activity, only manual activity is displayed. I need to add Review activity to an incident.

is it by design that Reviews activity is only for Service request?

regards Sundaresan.C

• Changed type AndersAsp Friday, September 26, 2014 8:05 AM Question
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:39 PM

All replies

• True, it's available for request and change

Antoine AL Ibry

• Proposed as answer by AndersAsp Friday, September 26, 2014 8:05 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:08 PM
  • i think the problem here is that you haven't considered the need all the way though. remember that an incident is a user's report of a problem. what does it mean to have someone approve my report of an outlook problem?

anything that requires approval needs to be a service request, rather then an incident. a service request is a user's request for something; something that can require approval before being delivered.

it make sense to approve my request for a new computer, it doesn't make sense to approve my report that my computer is on fire; but you might want to reference my incident reporting a computer fire as support for my request for a new computer. 

• Proposed as answer by AndersAsp Friday, September 26, 2014 8:05 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:31 PM
  • This understanding is because we have been using Incident management for all our IT services as that is was available in 2010 version of scsm. Just upgraded it to 2012 which has this service request offering.

Hence we thought of adding approval activity for certain types of incidents which needs approval.

regards Sundaresan.C

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:13 AM
  • nope. the older version of service manager used to use change requests to fulfill this need, but this is a similar bastardization of process, since a user's request and a structured infrastructure change also share very little in common. 

for services, use service requests. for incidents, use incidents. 

Friday, September 26, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Anyone please help.

I have service manager 2012R2, once i approve or reject any service request from email the status is not updating under reviewers and after some time another incident is open for the same review activity ID.

Thanks if anyone helps me in this regards.

Masood

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:32 AM