none
Sending is not working. 554 5.7.1 relay access denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem here.

I have One Exchange organization with 1 Exch2007 srv and 2 Exch2010 srv's.

From one day to another, email delivery is taking hours to be sent to external domains. Users are able to send/receive emails to the same internal domain, and to receive emails from external domains. But not to sent. I have a lot of Application Event Logs with the errors: 

This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #26. The remote host "192.168.1.2", responded to the SMTP command "rcpt" with "554 5.7.1 <postmaster@mail.lacostena.com.mx>: Relay access denied  ". The full command sent was "RCPT TO:<postmaster@mail.lacostena.com.mx>  ".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.

I have already checked the box "Allow all computers which successfully authenticate to relay regardless of the list above " on every SMTP Virtual server for the 3 servers, and set the Anonymous aditionally. But i'm still in the same status.

Can anybody give me some direction on this issue.

I appreciate in advance.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 5:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Are you sending e-mails to the internet using a smarthost with IP address 192.168.1.2??

If yes you need to make sure that this smarthost allowa the exchange servers to relay through it.

Leif

Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:55 AM
  • I have a big problem here, exchange servers are not allowing to send emails. Can i reach you offline? mi email fsferrus@hotmail.com

thanks

Fernando-

Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

You didn't answer my question :-)

The issue sounds like aproblem with a smart-host - do you have an antivirus/ antispam device that is used as the smart-host then the problem is most likely in this box.

Leif

Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:15 AM
  •  

Did you find the problem?

Leif

Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:06 PM
  •  

In addition, I recommended you refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895853/en-us

Thanks.

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, July 22, 2011 2:16 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 2:07 AM