Disable taskbar desktop previews RRS feed

• General discussion

• Greetings.
    In previous longhorn systems untill 7RC version 7100 there was the option to disable the taskbar desktop preview thumbnail popups which appear from hovering over an icon in the taskbar.
    Unfortunately the option to disable this has bean removed so I am now searching for another method.

• Changed type Nicholas Li Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:32 AM
    Monday, July 13, 2009 7:59 AM

All replies

• Why would you want to disable them? The Thumbnails are the only way (apart from Alt+Tab) to switch windows, when one program has multiple windows open.
    Regards,
    Kristaps.

P.S.: Epic shoop is epic.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 11:33 AM
  • It's just a matter of taste, some people prefer the popups and some people don't. This is why the option to disable them has bean available since 2006 and I am surprised that it is gone for the fact that although it is a useful item it may be considered annoying to many who don't like the sudden popups and need it a bit more peaceful.
    Once again to be fair to those who may dislike this feature which could even be considered to undesirable to purchase, there should be the option to disable it. Also as a temporary remedy I will ask again if there is any way presently to disable this feature although the option does not appear on the interface.

Slightly off topic but it may be of relevance is how after giving the new bar a chance I was forced to browse for the quick launch folder and add it to the taskbar to make it easier to start new instances of Explorer or Internet Explorer, mail client etc. by simply clicking once on the icon instead of sliding the curser upward or right clicking and selecting from the popup menu.

Monday, July 13, 2009 4:20 PM
  • I will ask again if there is any way presently to disable this feature

No there is not, since
    thumbnails are the only way (apart from Alt+Tab) to switch windows, when one program has multiple windows open.

Regards,
    Kristaps.

P.S.: Epic shoop is epic.
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:48 PM
  • I never had a problem switching windows since the program has a unique icon in the bar. If for example I had 6 windows open in internet explorer those items would be grouped in one icon and listed above where I could select be reading the title like I always did. So, thumbnails are an annoying aid that replace the english language and are not the only way to switch windows. In my opinion, Microsoft made a big mistake by removing the option to disable this annoying and completely useless feature.

So again out of respect for those who wan't to eliminate this feature could someone tell me of a way to disable it? 

• Edited by ONE ZERO Monday, July 13, 2009 7:57 PM
    Monday, July 13, 2009 5:32 PM