none
EnableRoamingFolderHomepages 1 or 2 for October patches RRS feed

• Question

• Going through the workarounds for October patches for Outlook.

One of them says to set it to 1 to make the homepage tab appear again.  The second workaround is for Dynamics 365 and says to set EnableRoamingFolderHomepages to 2.

Would setting everyone to 2 be ok? Can someone say what each setting mean?

Monday, October 16, 2017 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi CasertaJ,

>> Would setting everyone to 2 be ok?

Based on my test in Outlook 2016, yes, setting EnableRoamingFolderHomepages to 2 can also make the home page tab appear again:

I did much research about this registry but cannot find the detailed explanation about meaning of the values as this is not a registry key that is already existent. The only clue I can find is the tip  in the following official article:

Hope you can find the above information helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by CasertaJ Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi CasertaJ,

>> Would setting everyone to 2 be ok?

Based on my test in Outlook 2016, yes, setting EnableRoamingFolderHomepages to 2 can also make the home page tab appear again:

I did much research about this registry but cannot find the detailed explanation about meaning of the values as this is not a registry key that is already existent. The only clue I can find is the tip  in the following official article:

Hope you can find the above information helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by CasertaJ Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:13 AM
  • With the initial patch, setting the value to 2 is equivalent to setting the value to 1.

A future patch is intended to change the behavior so that 1 still completely unblocks the feature and 2 (or unset) reenables it for Dynamics CRM but continues blocking it for default stores. That way users who just want to unblock Dynamics CRM should revert to a more secure configuration once that patch is installed even if they still have 2 set in the registry, and new installations will work without applying any registry key workarounds.

- Bill

Friday, July 27, 2018 10:23 PM