none
Transfer EP Home from old HD to new Sata HD

Question

• I have an EMachines comp with XP. I never got the XP discs when I bought the new computer. I do have a Recovery Disc. The restore files are on partition 'D". I am trying to install a new SATA 750 GB HD and make that the primary drive. The new drive is installed and formatted in the machine and is recognized as drive 'L" ( a serial ATA host card is also installed).

How can I install my XP OS on to my new drive without the discs; can it be done from drive 'D" (the original restore partition)? EMachines says that they cannot supply me with OEM XP discs as they are no longer available.

• Moved by SachinWModerator Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:24 PM Not related to Forum ' MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions' (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 3:37 AM

All replies

• This forum is not for Microsoft software.  It is for your account on web sites as described in the forum's name. Try the Windows forums on Microsoft Answers instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:30 PM