none
Restrictions on URL

Question

• i would like to restrict few users on the URL : ocs.test.com from the AD and only one user will be able to access it.

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Friday, February 10, 2017 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can manage this from Fireawall with fw rules,and also if you already configured TMG,etc.. you can manage from them.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:20 AM
  • thanks but on through my windows domain controller inbuilt firewall or the forticlient my domain firewall. Where ? please assist.

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Friday, February 10, 2017 9:11 AM
  • thanks but on through my windows domain controller inbuilt firewall or the forticlient my domain firewall. Where ? please assist.

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Firewall on Domain Controller is different.You should configure these specific accessibility rules on network side.(FW,router,etc..)

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, February 10, 2017 10:31 AM
  • Thanks again but can we also restrict them through the group policy.. if yes then how (plz share any reference link), 

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Friday, February 10, 2017 10:56 AM
  • Thanks again but can we also restrict them through the group policy.. if yes then how (plz share any reference link), 

Regards, Ravi Kumar

When you configure this for GPO,it effects to IE so when they use crome,firefox then it could not effect these browsers.So you should configure this specific NAT rules on network devices.(FW,rouetrs,etc.)

Friday, February 10, 2017 12:00 PM
  • Yes i am using windows server 2012 R2.

Regards, Ravi Kumar

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

I would agree with Burak that you could restrict from Firewall, here are articles regarding how to do it step by step, you could refer to and try it:

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-block-websites-in-windows-firewall-guide.55305/

http://superuser.com/questions/270524/blocking-web-sites-with-windows-firewall

Please Note: Since the web sites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:01 AM